Launching a startup can be equal parts exciting and stressful. On the one hand, you are embarking on your business venture that could put you well on your way to financial freedom. On the other hand, starting a new business can be incredibly expensive, and you will need to invest a considerable amount of money into your new company. Thus, it is not surprising that some business owners may choose to bear the responsibility of running all aspects of their company and save on salary costs. The problem with going about it this way is that you cannot be sufficiently competent in all areas of your business. Here is where a recruitment agency comes in. Read on for why you should hire staff from a recruitment agency for your startup.
Access to a vast assortment of potential candidates
Irrespective of what type of business you are starting, the recruitment process cannot be treated as a one-size-fits-all affair. You would need to find specialised individuals to suit your specific needs, and this would require strategic planning on your part to find the right applicants. Not to mention the number of resources that would be needed to narrow down your options. Instead of tasking yourself with this, you should leave it to a professional recruitment agency. These companies are better suited at partnering you with the right candidates as they get potential employees from avenues such as:
- Job boards: The recruitment agency can advertise your available positions across your preferred location through strategically placed job boards, without you having to bear the cost.
- Direct talent: Some candidates may reach out to recruitment agencies directly, rather than the company having to go out scouting for them. The agency can then narrow down which skilled candidates would suit your business.
- Headhunting: If you would prefer hiring people with proven records of accomplishment in their fields, the recruitment agency could try to reach them with a better offer from your company.
Time efficient hiring process
A second reason why recruitment agencies are the best bet for people opening a startup business is that you do not have to waste time whittling down your potential candidates in an attempt to discern your best fit. The recruitment agency will take on responsibilities such as:
- Screening all the resumes that have been sent in for the various open positions.
- Carrying out the initial interviews with potential candidates so they can get a feel for their personalities.
- Negotiating on salaries, wages, overtime, leave days and more.
- Informing potential candidates on their job description as well as the administrative duties that would be expected of them.